Wow. It has been a while to say the least! I recently realized something about myself: I put so much pressure on myself to do everything perfectly and am so scared that I will fail that I end up just not trying because I know perfection cannot be attained. I've decided to say, "To heck with it!" I quit blogging because I wanted each entry to be perfect and knew that was impossible so I just thought it best not to try at all. Well, how am I going to grow and improve myself with that attitude in life? From here on out, I will consistently remind myself that it is better to try for perfection and not achieve it than not try at all.
Okay, so with that said, here is a list of New Year's Resolutions that i WILL keep and attain:
*Overall resolution: treat every single day like it is New Year's Day. Never stop making goals/resolutions. Have as much energy and excitement about the year as I do January 1.*
Now for the specifics, in no particular order of importance:
1) Take a ballet class once a week
2) Cook at least once a week
3) Run a marathon!! My heart is racing just thinking about this one.
4) Write one letter a week to long distance friends or family
5) Be more patient with everyone, including myself
6) Eat breakfast every morning
7) Find a church that is right for me
8) Start grad school
9) Be more open to adventure
10) Always smile at everyone
11) Blog at least once a week
As it has for three days now, I'm sure the list will continue to grow, as it should. What about you? Have you set any resolutions? I encourage you to make a list of moments you are most grateful for in 2010 and a list of resolutions/goals for 2011 and tape it on your bathroom mirror :-)
Happy 2011 friends! Make every day the best day for you AND for others :-) Hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment