Monday, August 30, 2010

The Power of Girlfriends

So this weekend was all about girl time.  It's amazing what just a little time spent with girlfriends can do for one's soul.  It had been quite a while since Nae Nae, Peanut, and Pookie had all been together (long story on the ghetto nicknames, but all you really need to know is that we took some silly facebook quiz and the names have stuck with us for over a year now).  Regardless of all the time that had passed, we picked up right where we left off.  We laughed til we cried, we dodged popping champagne corks (Peanut took cover in the bathroom and Pookie was in fetal position with a pillow over her head in the corner because they were both so terrified of the flying corks), we were hit on by a group of 50 year old men, and most importantly, we made memories that will last a lifetime. 

I realize this post does not directly relate to what I promised this blog would be about: struggles.  But I was reminded this weekend that when I am struggling with something in life, be it big or small, my girlfriends are ALWAYS there for me, even if we haven't talked in months.  There is no better food for the soul than time spent with girlfriends, and I am so thankful for the irreplaceable ones in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment