So two of my New Year's resolutions this year that I am actually trying to keep are 1) cook once a week (or maybe just more often than I have in the past) and 2) be more adventurous. Those two resolutions definitely came head to head yesterday and made for a fantastic Saturday! Yesterday's adventures included
- a crazy cross training class with Kurt at American Power Yoga followed by a power yoga class: if you like to work out to the point where you almost throw up, this cross training class is definitely the class for you! It is awesome.
- letting my boyfriend be in charge of changing the gears as I got to chauffeur him around for once in my sporty little loaner car while my car gets maintenance: I know, I like to live on the wild side. No, more like he was willing to put his life on the line so I could drive for one day. Yeah, so what, so we had some near accidents, no big deal.
- taking a trip to Sunflower Farmers Market: it may be in a questionable area but it's certainly not a question as to whether you should go or not. This place is one of Dallas's best kept secrets!
- trying a new fro yo combination at Yogurtland: cheesecake fro yo topped with blueberries, strawberries, cheesecake bits, and yes, sprinkles! I dare you to try it!
- and lastly, making this extremely delicious and divine Thai Green Curry Chicken dish.
I have never made Thai food and really haven't tried much in the way of Thai cuisine either, but my this was mmm mmm good! SOMEONE doesn't like mushrooms, so we made the dish sans mushrooms. We also used red curry paste instead of green and it was quite tasty. I recommend red cabbage for a pop of color. And lastly we gave ourselves an A for effort but could not find the coconut amino so obviously that was not part of our Thai Green (or I guess red in our case) Curry Chicken creation. This dish comes highly recommended by yours truly; so all you amateur cooks out there, yes, if I can make this dish, YOU can make this dish. I definitely can't take all the credit though; if you're squirmy about touching raw meat like I am, well hopefully you have a very nice, funny, and good-looking gentleman who will carefully prepare the meat ;-) ENJOY!

No comments:
Post a Comment